The role of “project handler” is to deliver on a wide range of live events and related creative services. This includes working within the Growth Team to put together proposals and quotes to clients, working on production designs, specifying equipment and doing day-to-day project management. The Project Handler is the day-to-day bridge between the client and the technicians working on the project. Most of the work is office-based and some is site-based.
This role is ideal for someone who loves events, creativity and tech, and wants to be part of a strong team. Most of the work is based from the PYTCH Campus at Skyline Park - so compared to a touring or freelance career can work well with family and maintaining good health, family and friends.
PYTCH is an event production and creative media company based in Bristol UK.
We help clients create memorable experiences virtually and in person. To do this we have a lot of equipment, awesome staff (we call them “PYTCHers”), our own studios, a manufacturing facility and an amazing HQ, the PYTCH Campus.
We are not the biggest company, but we do big things, fast, with impact and integrity. We move fast, energise and create.
While we approach our work with a focus on integrity, reliability and value, at our core we are a purpose-driven business. We espouse sustainable event practices, technical innovation, inclusive engineering and creativity. We disrupt the things we think dont work. We are a certified B-corp and support a lot of environmental and social causes. Learn more here.
We produce a wide range of events and support a diverse client base. This ranges from small lighting installations for private events, to arena shows, to light trails to top-tier corporate event production to major performances. The work is underpinned by a love of blending art with technology. The work is mainly in the south of the UK with a high volume of work in our home city of Bristol. Many of our larger projects are in central London.
We are the preferred in-house supplier to multiple venues, as well as our own soundstage, Box7.
The specific tasks within the role include:
- Supporting the Growth Team with proposals.
- Working on quotes for new and existing clients.
- Compiling and adjusting quotes and kit lists for booked projects.
- Making and adjusting CAD .
- Briefing crew on projects prior to equipment prep and going to site
- Leasing with venues on logistics matters.
- Overseeing event builds onsite.
- Overseeing the live activity at events (although often production managers or technicians remain onsite).
- Managing event budgets.
- Writing event reports.
- Collaboration with the wider team at PYTCH.
- Dealing with occasional “dry hires” of equipment.
- A positive, can-do, energetic attitude.
- An open mind and desire to learn new skills and grow as a person.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good written communication skills.
- Good overall understanding of event production technology including audio, lighting, video and rigging (to a level where you can advise on or design solutions)
- Strong overall IT skills (we use Slack, G-Suite, Asana, Current and our own intranet)
- Basic graphic management skills.
- Competent CAD skills in any package (we use Vectorworks and SketchUp)
- Experience in the live event, film/tv or media industries.
We have an excellent track record of development of staff due to our inclusive approach to learning new skills. This role includes opportunities to develop the following as ancillary work to the core role:
- Live event management experience (both client events and our in-house events).
- Technical and creative work alongside the production team.
- Property management (noting that PYTCH is part of a group of companies that owns substantial property holdings).
- Content creation, marketing and other creative work.
- Coaching and mentoring from the PYTCHers who have an incredible set of experience.
We are transparent in our pay grades, so that all people in the company can see what they can earn and what is required at every level of pay. We want to accelerate people through pay grades as swiftly as we can.
Place of work
PYTCH is based at Skyline Park - an iconic industrial estate owned by PYTCH’s parent company. PYTCH is situated in 1 Skyline Park which is a spectacular office and warehouse complex with an EPC of A3, multiple diverse working spaces and awesome facilities. Skyline Park also features the Box7 sound stage and adjacent to the PYTCH HQ is PYTCHAir, our airliner private jet. This space is used for meetings, parties, photo shoots and a fun place to collaborate.
We have secure bike storage, cycle servicing, ample off-street parking, EV charging, onsite showers and accessible toilets. Over the road from our HQ is 20+ acres of open meadows.
All PYTCHers benefit from a large communal kitchen which is ideal for the preparation of fresh and healthy food.
We have great coffee and a sparkling water tap!
Contract Details & Benefits
Type of role - Full Time.
Hours of work - 8.30am to 5pm - flexitime available.
Location of work - 1 Skyline Park, BNS4 5EN and event sites as required.
Holiday - 28 days paid holiday a year.
Equipment - Laptop and whatever other IT equipment required
We operate a transparent approach to pay and salaries. Anything less seems odd to us.
The salary for this role ranges from £27k-£55k depending on the scope of ancillary work, need for training and past experience.
Our website is here.